Primary School Sports Specialist (Coaching)
At MNR Coaching we are motivated to follow our ethos of Inspiring, Educating and Developing through P.E and School Sport. We have a number of ongoing initiatives to give children the best opportunity to participate in both traditional and alternative sports programmes with the objective of providing exit paths to our established pathway clubs.
The School Sports Specialist will be responsible for providing a six-week P.E programme that children will be captivated by and motivated to continue their sport whilst the teachers/support staff have an opportunity to learn and replicate the practices in their own P.E lessons. The candidate should be versatile in their delivery and be able to adapt programmes to tailor different requirements based on class size, age groups and facility. The coach will have access to a planning resource for all sessions and will be required to complete planning on a weekly basis to ensure consistent, high quality programmes are delivered.
MNR Coaching are well established coaching company in the Berkshire area, with a leading reputation of delivering high quality sports provision in the sector. There are additional leadership opportunities to work with directors and partners of MNR Coaching to manage a private sector of the business, with continuous opportunities to build on a specialist area under the MNR Coaching banner.
Role will include but not be restricted to:
- Delivering high quality PE sessions and extra-curricular clubs.
- Providing specialist advice/communication with support staff and teachers to ensure their programme is leaving a legacy with the school and allowing the highest quality of PE to be replicated.
- Providing weekly planning to MNR Coaching to ensure all sessions are of the highest quality and meet the criteria of Inspiring, Educating and Developing the students.
- Working alongside the Business Development Manager to provide children with opportunities for exit routes into competitive sports during and after the programmes have been delivered.
- Delivering high quality Holiday Camps during the School Holidays.
- Attending meetings, workshops and training sessions.
- Completing any tasks such as administration that is related to your role and services provided.
- Communication with partners and customers to identify and go above and beyond their requirements.
- Minimum of 2 years experience delivering the national curriculum in the Primary School sector.
- Experience in delivering in a classroom environment and behaviour management.
- Be able to develop or mentor others in areas of Physical Education.
- NGB Level 2 Qualification x 2 (Multi-Skills preferred)
- First Aid Certificate
- Safeguarding Qualification
- Hold or working towards Level 3 PESS.
- Coaching qualification in Gym/Dance
- Degree certificate in the relevant industry
- Driving Licence and access to you own car
- Role will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and references
- Available to work 2 evenings a week (part of our Community work)
Benefits Of Working For MNR Coaching:
- Resources and training provided to ensure the coach is supported throughout their planning and delivery for programmes.
- Discounted CPD available on a yearly basis to upskill coaches and give fresh ideas on programme planning.
- Links with NGBs (National Governing Bodies) and the CSP (County Sports Partnership) to provide multiple opportunities for new programmes/initiatives.
- Opportunities to lead projects within their own specialist field with MNR using the network links to setup and support.
- Staff Socials monthly
- Competitive rate of pay
- Full access to equipment and resources for programmes.
- Company Uniform
- Bonus scheme available for additional revenue
For further information and to apply for the position click the link below.
Closing Date: Friday 18th December 2020